PREVENT YOUR PETS FROM STARTING FIRES
. Don't leave burning candles or open flames unattended. Pets are generally curious and will investigate cooking appliances, candles, or even a fire in your fireplace. Ensure your pet is not left unattended arould an open flame, and make sure to thoroughly extinguish an open flames before leaving your home.
. Remove stove knobs or protect them with covers before leaving the house. According to the National Fire Protection Association, a stove or cook top is the number one piece of equipment in your pet starting a fire.
. Use flameless candles which contain a light bulb instead of an open flame. Cata are notorious for starting fires when their tails turn over lit candles.
. Do Not leave a glass water bowl for your pet outside on a wooden deck. When filtered thru the glass, the sun's rays can heat the water and ignite the wooden deck beneath it. Choose stainless steel or ceramic bowls instead
. Keep all electrical cords away from pets and unplug appliances when not in use. Animals that bite cords can be seriously burned or start a fire.
. Keep appliances like irons away from pets. If knocked over, the appliance can start a fire.
If your pet is burned, put COOL water on the burned area quickly, followed by a cold compress, Seek veterinay assistance immediately.
**This information has been supplied by the "RED PAW EMERGENCY RELIEF ORGANIZATION"