Here is a list that we hope you will never need. This is an Emergency pack for your pet, if your family is struck with an emegency: House Fire, displacement, or if your family pet meets up with an unfriendly animal.
Are you prepared if your pet needs immediate medical attention? Create a pet first-aid kit and post emergency numbers.
DVH: 215-345-6000 or your Vet's number
ASPCA Animal Poison Control: 888-426-4435
An emergency kit should include:
• Fresh bottle of hydrogen peroxide, 3% USP (to induce vomiting)
• Turkey baster, bulb syringe or large medicine syringe (to administer peroxide)
• Saline eye solution
• Artificial tear gel (to lubricate eyes after flushing)
• Mild grease-cutting dishwashing liquid (for bathing after skin contamination)
• Forceps and/or tweezers to remove stingers or ticks
• Can of your pet’s favorite wet food
• Available pet carrier
We all never want anything to happen to our beloved pets, but in the event, that some horrible thing takes place, please be prepared, this is what they taught all of us in Girls Scouts and Boy Scouts. Take care!