Treatment for Fleas
The Barkery - HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE TO PROCESSED TREATS
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Please use our Blog for its original purpose:
CHRISTMAS IN JULY
CHRISTMAS IN JULY
Meet our newest family member
PODS - laundry detergents packets

Categories

All-Natural Treats
Cute Pictures
General Information
New Found Information
Pet Health
Up-Coming Barkery Events
powered by

Jaye's Barkery

Treatment for Fleas

TODAY'S PET TIP
Topical Medication for Your Cat

Cats generally dislike having topical medication applied. Many cats run away after topical medications are applied and often act as though they have been "violated". Cats are smart and after a few treatments, they will often wise up to "the process" of getting topical medications.

Here are some tips for applying topical medications to your cat:

However you hold your cat for the treatment, do it often – not just at "treatment time". Don't let them associate a certain handling technique with the application of the medication.

It is easiest to have two people available when applying the medication. One to hold and one to apply the medication.

Make sure the medication is ready! Many applicators require a puncture to the tip in order to "open" the tube. Make sure you are ready to give the medication before you have your cat restrained.

Very gently and without making a big deal of it, part the hair and apply the medication. Don't get excited or nervous during the process and your cat won't mind at much.

Never yell at your cat during this process. If you do, he will be more scared next time.

Apply the medication centrally on their back just below their necks. The idea is to apply it in an area that they can't lick off. Many products can be toxic or taste bad when ingested.

Offer a treat after the treatment. For some cats, this will take their mind off the "treatment"

9 Comments to Treatment for Fleas:

Comments RSS
Acne Treatment Sydney on Friday, October 11, 2013 1:04 AM
I am sure individuals like me will find your blog to be of great help. I will suggest it to my friends.Thanks.
Reply to comment

Stroke Treatment in Indore on Friday, July 29, 2016 7:27 AM
Yes I highly appreciate this post, it is very nice and helpful information about the treatment for your pets. Thanks for sharing this valuable blog.

hair regrowth products on Thursday, December 26, 2013 4:26 AM
Great piece of writing, I really liked the way you highlighted some really important and significant points about Treatment for Fleas. Thanks so much, I appreciate your work.
Reply to comment

Best Hotel in Indore on Saturday, August 20, 2016 4:12 AM
Thanks for this useful Tip!! Keep Posting!!

Athletic therapy on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 7:30 AM
The second time, more than a hundred cried together; Third, silently separation; fourth, mad cow drink; fifth, inner convulsions. Tears gradually less, not because of the feelings faded, but we learned to treasure friends
Reply to comment

website on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 2:30 PM
Someone who really knows what's farming, well aware that it basically a super easy task. Inside setup will help people fashionable seatbelt sanders As an outcome, there are a lot houses and also residences along with przedpokojami that will be filled, black by no means quite functional
Reply to comment

swiss watches ladies on Monday, January 05, 2015 6:00 AM
I would like to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this site. I'm hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the upcoming as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own site now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a good example of it.
Reply to comment

profile on Thursday, May 14, 2015 10:09 AM
will prefer the capability due to the floor systems -- are really easy to install boxes in mementos as well as particularly undersized items
Reply to comment

Tumi on Sunday, April 17, 2016 1:34 PM
Awesome bit of composing, I truly loved the way you highlighted some truly vital and huge focuses about Treatment for Fleas. Much obliged so much, I welcome your work. Thanks!
Reply to comment